There is a lot of exiting activity at your club this weekend! On Saturday from 3:30pm The Lydney Skiff Project are meeting at the club and have arranged a visit from All Aboard Bristol who will be bringing their St. Ayles Skiff Rowing Boat for an informal chat and demo row (weather permitting).
And on Sunday it is our Commodores Lunch from 12:30pm.
The Club will be very busy, so please keep your cars parked out of the way (using the public parking is preferable) to allow easy access to our guests, friends and visitors.
Join in the family fun with a Duck Race (pick your winning duck on the day!) and a canal row on the 17th April, followed by lunch.
Start at 12:30hrs.
Details of the forthcoming Easter Mini Cruise…
Good weather programme:
– Friday 25th March lock through/launch 0800 and Lock out 0905 Head for Cardiff
– Saturday Morning Tide Cardiff to Watchet.
– Sunday Morning Tide Lock out ASAP head for (Subject to fleet size: W-S-M, or Cardiff) and go ashore for lunch at either Mermaid Quay or the Dolphin PH.
– Sunday Leave W-S-M on falling tide (Cardiff at low water) and head for
(Subject to fleet size Portishead or St. P)
– Monday AM tide head for home (HW 10:22 7.5M)
– Friday 25th March lock through/launch 0800 and Lock out 0905 Head for Portishead Hole.
– Friday PM Tide Head for Bristol.
– Saturday in Bristol (Shopping in Force 4, Visit SS GB etc.)
– Sunday Morning Tide Lock out ASAP head for Portishead Hole and raft up for lunch.
– Sunday evening tide (subject to fleet size- lock in Portishead or go up to St. P)
– Monday AM tide head for home (HW 10:22 7.5M).
The aim of this sail is to shake out the cobwebs and sail in company in order to test boats and offer mutual assistance not to mention the social side.
Dependant on numbers Hedley will try an arrange venues for social gatherings in the warm so please let Hedley know by the 20th March if you are planning to participate.
On 14th May, following the summer points race, there will be a social event in the clubhouse or grounds, depending on the weather. A selection of curries will be served from 6.00pm, lease sign the sheet at the bar to indicate your preference for food. £5 per head, payable on the night.
All members are invited to kick off the season with the Commodores Lunch, at the Clubhouse from 12:30pm on Sunday 20th March. Lunch will cost £5 (kids, and last years’ Trophy Winners are free!)
Members are invited to bring a guest along who may be interested in joining the club, this is a great opportunity to show them what we are all about and meet lots of other members. Guests of members are also free of charge.
If you are attending please let Christine know either via email or at the Club House bar.